The Oden Institute for Computational Engineering and Sciences is an organized research unit created to foster the development of interdisciplinary programs in computational sciences and engineering (CSE), mathematical modeling, applied mathematics, software engineering, and computational visualization. The Institute currently supports 12 research centers and alliances and nine research groups, and with additional units still in the planning stages. It also supports seven major programs including the following:
- The Computational Science, Engineering, and Mathematics Program (CSEM) is a graduate degree program leading to the MS and PhD degrees in CSEM.
- The Oden Institute Postdoctoral Fellowship Program supports outstanding computational scientists who have recently completed doctoral studies in an area relevant to research conducted at the Institute.
- The J. Tinsley Oden Faculty Fellowship Research Program brings outstanding researchers and scholars from academia, government laboratories, and industry to collaborate with Oden Institute faculty and students.
- The Moncrief Endowed Positions Program is dedicated to recruiting outstanding junior faculty committed to research and academic work in CSE.
- The Moncrief Grand Challenge Awards Program provides resources for UT Austin faculty to work on the Grand Challenges in CSE that effect the competitiveness of the nation.
- The Moncrief Undergraduate Summer Internship Program supports qualified undergraduate students to work with Oden Institute faculty on ongoing research initiatives during the summer months.
- Oden Institute Undergraduate Certificate Program in Computational Science and Engineering provides junior and senior level students at UT Austin an opportunity for in-depth study in CSE.