The ECE Student Services Office fully embraces their mission of providing advice, services, and resources for students to make informed decisions about their degree progress while providing continuous support and encouragement that assists students in surpassing their own academic expectations. In line with the University’s mission, the ECE Department holds achievement of excellence in education, research, and public service a top priority and delivers services that create a robust environment that champions student success.
The objective and mission of the office is cemented in a variety of core values that promote student achievement, inclusivity, support, and leadership. The core values positively impact creativity and innovation, as evidenced by the development of programs and initiatives.
Advising for Current ECE Students
Advisors will be available for appointments via EAB Navigate. Please click the link below to schedule an appointment with one of our ECE Advisors. You will receive a Zoom link when you book the advising appointment.
Please note: Navigate appointments are for currently enrolled students only.
Download the EAB Navigate App Today
- Search in the app for "University of Texas at Austin"
- Use the same username and password you use for all your UT accounts
- Remember to enable push notification for updates and reminders
Additional advising information, including concurrent enrollment forms, over 17 hours forms, internal transfer information and more can be found on ENGR Direct. ECE Advising also utilizes Canvas to send updates and important announcements to current ECE students. Please check your Canvas Portal to view your year-specific homepage.
Peer Advisors are current ECE students who are available for quick questions on ECE related matters.
Peer advisors will be available for general drop-in’s starting August 31st.
August 31st – December 4th
Monday, Tuesday: 10am - 12pm
Wednesday, Thursday, Friday: 1pm - 3pm
Zoom Link: https://utexas.zoom.us/j/99277326746
Peer Advisors can also be reached via email at firstname.lastname@example.org
Data Bites Advising Series
The ECE Advising team provides occasional information sessions about important topics to ECE Undergrads including advising info, tech core information, research opportunities and more!
New incoming students are provided instructions for attending registration advising during new student orientation. Please register for UT Orientation after accepting your offer of admission. All undergraduate students majoring in electrical and computer engineering are required to have a laptop. Ensure your laptop is compliant. View Requirements
Are you a current high school student with questions about what life is like at UT Austin or what classes are like in Texas ECE? You can reach out to our Peer Ambassadors via email at email@example.com. Peer Ambassadors are current ECE students who have received training to provide outreach and support to future UT Austin students.
If you are a prospective student or family with questions about the ECE program or admissions, please visit our Admissions page.
- ECE 302 and ECE 306 are available to non-ECE students during the Spring semester ONLY, depending on seat availability and students meeting the prerequisite. Students who meet the prerequisites will be able to directly register for open sections beginning on the 3rd class day at 8:00am and do NOT need to visit the ECE Advising office to be added.
- ECE 333T is available to other UT Engineering majors during BOTH the Fall & Spring semesters, depending on seat availability and students meeting the prerequisite of upper division status. Engineering students who meet the prerequisites will be able to directly register for open sections beginning on the 3rd class day at 8:00am and do NOT need to visit the ECE Advising office to be added.
- All other ECE courses are formally restricted to our major only. Non-ECE undergraduate students who meet pre-requisites may request to be added to open sections of courses via the Non-ECE Major Course request form on our Academic Resources page.
- We are sometimes able to open a very limited number of additional courses to non-ECE Graduate students when seats are available. Starting on the 1st class day at 8:00am, students who meet the prerequisites can complete this form to request to be added. The form will be active starting on the first class day, however the ECE advising office will not review the forms until the fourth class day. You can access the form on our Academic Resources page.
Brittney Outlaw, M. Ed
Academic Advising Coordinator
Senior Academic Advisor
Nikki Rodelas Morris
Associate Academic Advisor
Student Services Office
Engineering and Education Research Center
Monday – Friday
8:00 AM - 12:00 PM
1:00 PM - 4:00 PM